Screen Recorder for PC comes in handy when you want to save live streaming, film a tutorial, or share what you are watching with your friends. You do not need any third party app to record screen on Windows 10, 11 Laptop/PC and Mac. Both machines come with a built-in screen recorder that lets you capture everything on the screen and save it as an mp4 file for free. Plus, you always have the option of downloading third-party apps that let you do more than just record screen. Below we have described some simple steps to record screen on windows 10, 11 laptop/pc and mac along with best screen recorder apps that you can use. Take a look:
Read also: Windows 11 Screenshots: Easy Step-by-Step Guide on How to Take Screenshots on Windows 11 PC
Screen Recorder for Windows PC and Mac
Windows 10 and 11 both have a built-in tool called Xbox Game Bar, while macOS has a Quicktime player to record the screen on a laptop/PC. There are also several third-party apps that let you record screen on PC, but the one we found particularly useful is OBS Studio. The app is compatible with almost every operating system, including Windows 7 and 8, macOS, and Linux.
How to Record Screen on Windows 10, 11 Laptop/PC
xbox game bar
Windows 10 and 11 laptop/PC users can use the Xbox Game Bar tool to record the screen. The tool was designed for gamers to capture video, broadcast their gameplay online, and take screenshots. Here’s how it works:
- Press Windows Key + G to Run Xbox Game Bar
- Select the “Yes, this is a game” checkbox to load the game bar
- Open the app whose screen you want to record
- To record the screen, click the Start Recording button or press Win + Alt + R.
- If you want to record audio as well, enable the microphone from the Game Bar
- stop recording by clicking the red button
- this much only! Screen recording in Windows 10 will be saved as an MP4 on your device under the Videos folder in a subfolder called Captures. You can also access the recording from the Xbox app under the Game DVR menu.
It is worth mentioning that this Screen Recorder for Windows 10 Laptop/PC works only on a few apps. The Xbox Game Bar can’t capture the entire desktop and programs like File Manager. You can use third party Windows 7 Screen Recorder (mentioned below) to record screen on Windows 10 laptop/PC.
Read also: Screenshot in Mac: How to Take Screenshot on MacBook Air, Pro, and iMac
How to Record Screen on MacOS Laptop/PC
Screen recording on MacOS laptop/PC can be done using the built-in Quicktime player. In addition to capturing what’s on your screen, the application lets you record external audio via the microphone. That said, it doesn’t let you record internal audio. For that download the above OBS Studio app.
- To record screen in macOS using QuickTime Player, Command + Shift + 5 . press
- Alternatively, you can also open Quicktime Player, then go to ‘Files’ and select ‘New Screen Recording’.
- A control bar will appear at the bottom of your screen with options to record the screen as well as take a screenshot
- You have the option to record the entire screen or a specific part. Additionally, go to ‘Options’ to set your preferences, enable the microphone, set a timer, and more
- When you’re ready, click “Record.” If it’s full screen, click anywhere to start recording
- Press the Stop button in the right-hand corner of the menu bar at the top of the screen or press Command+Control+Esc to stop recording. You can also press Command+Shift+5 to see the screenshot
- Screen recording will be saved on desktop or your preferred location
Like Windows 10, Screen Recorder for macOS Desktop does not cover all programs. Some apps, such as Apple’s built-in DVD player, will block you from recording any screen.
How to Record Screen on Windows 10, 11 and macOS Laptop Using Third-Party Apps
This is one of the best screen recorder apps for PC. Unlike the Xbox Bar and Quicktime Player, OBS Studio works throughout the program and youYou can sideload it to record full screen for free on Windows 10 and 11 as well as MacOS, Windows 7,8 and Linux laptops. Apart from this, the app also lets you record voice through the microphone while capturing the contents of the screen.
- go for https://obsproject.com/ Download the OBS Studio setup file for Windows in your computer’s web browser and on your desktop
- Downloaded files are usually saved in Downloads -> Go to Folder and double-click on the OBS Studio setup file
- This will prompt the installation window to open
- Install OBS Studio and launch it on your device
- When you run OBS Studio for the first time, it will ask if you want to run the Auto-Configuration Wizard. Click ‘Yes’ and follow the prompts.
- Now you are good to record screen in Windows 7. Click on the ‘+’ icon –> ‘Display Capture’ –> ‘Create New’ –> Enter a name for your capture –> Click ‘OK’.
- The start and stop recording options are in the lower-right side of the OBS Studio window
- The full-screen recording will be saved to your desktop. To view it, click ‘File’ in the menu bar and ‘Show Recordings’ in the resulting drop-down menu
Best Screen Recording Apps
If you are not a fan of OBS Studio, here are some other apps that you can use to record screen on your Windows laptop/PC:
- ActivePresenter – Ad-free, record software simulation and features a video editor with advanced tools such as blur effect, green-screen effect, audio fade in/out, noise reduction and audio normalization.
- Flashback Express – Available for free, records multiple monitors, offers scheduled recording, and more.
How to Record Streaming Video on Desktop
You can use above steps to record screen in Windows/MacOS to record streaming video on desktop. Having said that, the steps will not work on all streaming platforms. Additionally, you will not be able to record internal audio unless you Turn on external mic and turn up the volume, which won’t give you good audio quality, or download any third-party apps like a soundflower Or audacity,
How to4 weeks ago
[ Easy steps ] how to add status in WhatsApp web.  ( ͠❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)
blogging1 month ago
[ Awsome ]How to add a Table of Contents on Blogger. [ Basic step ] (•̃ ͜ʖ•̃)
blogging1 month ago
[ Best ] How to get Adsense approval within [24 hours]( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)
How to3 weeks ago
Amazon Prime plans 2021: Subscription price in India, benefits, Jio and Airtel offers, and more
App1 month ago
What is MOJ App? How to Create Account and Video in Moj?
Review1 month ago
Is Amazon Pay safe to use [UPI]
Game3 weeks ago
PS5 production cut due to global chip shortage
Game1 month ago
Free Fire Stylish Names for Boys/Girls